Providing Quality Education for ALL!
Welcome to Safford Schools!
We are happy to have you at Safford Schools! Below is information to help make a smooth transition for your child into a new school.
Organization for instruction at Safford Schools:
- Grades K-6 has been assigned to Dorothy Stinson School, Lafe Nelson School and Ruth Powell School.
- The Safford Middle School will operate for Grades 7-8.
- Safford High School and Mt. Graham High School are senior high schools of Grades 9-12.
Registration Information for Grades K-6
If you have a student new to the District in Grades K-6, please contact Miss Lesley Huffenberger at the District Office at (928) 348-7025 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may come to the District Office at 734 W. 11th Street between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to complete the form that will place your child's name on the list for the 2019-2020 school year. Students are placed at the school which has the fewest in that grade.
The secretaries at the school assign the teacher according to the fewest number of students in the class. The secretaries also provide parents with information regarding lunches, buses, etc.
When enrolling, students new to the District must bring please bring the following documents with you.
- Original birth certificate (not hospital copy)
- Immunization record.
Additionally, proof of residency by the parent(s) or guardian(s) must be provided in the form of one (1) of the following documents, which bear the parent or legal guardian’s full name and residential address or physical description of the property where the student resides (no P.O. boxes):
- Valid Arizona driver’s license, Arizona identification card
- Valid Arizona motor vehicle registration
- Property deed
- Mortgage documents
- Property tax bill
- Rental agreement or lease (including Section 8 agreement)
- Utility bill (water, electric, gas, cable, phone)
- Bank or credit card statement
- W-2 wage statement
- Payroll stub
- Certificate of tribal enrollment or other identification issued by a recognized Indian tribe
- Other documentation from a state, tribal, or federal agency (Social Security Administration, Veterans’ Administration, Arizona Department of Economic Security, etc.)
The school will provide a form for the parent to sign, requesting records from the previous District.
Registration Information for Grades 7-8
Students in Grades 7-8 will register for school at the Safford Middle School office at 612 11th Street. Please see the Safford Middle School web page for registration information.
Registration Information for Grades 9-12
New High School students, Grades 9-12, need to meet with the Assistant Principal and a counselor before enrolling at Safford High School. The principal at our alternative high school, Mt. Graham High School, meets with students prior to enrolling. Please see Safford High School and Mt. Graham High School web pages for registration information.