Distance Learning Meals
Great News Safford USD Parents & Students. The USDA has announced that school districts may provide free meals to all students regardless of their current eligibility status through the end of December or until funding runs out.
Safford USD opted to sign up for this special program and was approved. This means that beginning this Monday, September 14th, students may get Breakfast and / or Lunch free of charge.
All district cafeterias are open for breakfast and lunch for students attending school.
A curbside drive through will also be available for children 18 & under who are not attending school that day. Curbside meals will be served along 8th Avenue on the west end of the middle school cafeteria. Parents or guardians may pick up breakfast & lunch combo meals Monday-Thursday from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm and on Friday from 10:00 am – 11:00 am.
Parents are still encouraged to fill out free & reduced applications for when this special limited time program ends (December 31st, 2020).Please click on the Menus link on this page to view menus and see details.Please call Jon Walker at 348-7005 or email email@example.com
if you have any questions.
Safford USD School Meal Policy Summary 2020-2021
Welcome back!! Please read these important reminders about the school meal program at Safford USD.
- Applications from last school year are good for the first 30 days of school. Last year’s applications expire on September 15th, 2020.
- Please turn in your new application ASAP. You can fill out a paper application which will be sent home the first day of school or you may apply online at www.mymealtime.com.
- Meal Prices:
- Breakfast for all grades is $1.75 for full price and .30 cents for reduced price.
- Lunches are $2.25 for grades K-6th and $2.50 for grades 7-12th. Reduced price lunches are .40 cents for all grades.
- Please keep a positive balance on your students account. Students may not charge more than $10 for paid accounts and $2 for reduced which is roughly equal to 4 Lunches.
- Elementary school students that owe more than $10 will not be refused meals but may be given alternate meals with their accounts charged until balances are paid.
- Middle and High school students with excessive balances may be refused meals. Please monitor your students account and send them with cash to pay for a meal or please send a sack lunch if they owe more than $10 for paid accounts and $2 for reduced.
- The cafeterias accept checks or cash. Please make checks out to SUSD Foodservice. Accounts may be paid with a credit card on the www.mymealtime.com website. You will need your students ID number to register for online payment. The online function also allows you to view account and receive emails when low acct.
Free & Reduced Questions: Susan Carrasco 928-348-7006
Lunch Account Balances: Cyndi Arbizo 928-348-7056
Foodservice Questions or Balance Questions: Jon Walker 928-348-7005
Mealtime Online Lunch Program
Safford School District is using MealTime Online to provide the opportunity for you to view activity and history on your student’s lunch account, check account balances, receive low balance email notifications, and even make credit card deposits into your student's cafeteria account. In addition, the web site allows you to create and submit Free and Reduced Price School Meal Applications.
Create a MealTime Online Profile: Once at the MealTime Online website, click on "Create New Profile" and enter a Username and Password that you will use to login to MealTime Online. The Username and Password must be at least 6 characters. For example, Username: jsmith Password: pty845.
Log in to your MealTime Online account using the Username and Password that you just created.
Options: At this point you can select MEAL ACCOUNT DEPOSITS to add your student to your profile then deposit money, OR you can select FREE & REDUCED APPLICATIONS to apply online for reduced meal prices.
Add Your Student: You will need your student’s first name ID number. Click the Meal Account Deposit button then select your school. Click the Add Student link to add your student using your student’s first name and student ID number.
View Account Balance and History: Once you’ve added your student, click the "View Details" link next to your student's name to view his/her cafeteria account balance and purchase history.
Make a Deposit: Click on the "Make Deposit" link to make a deposit into your student’s lunch account. There is a transaction fee, which will show at the end BEFORE you complete your transaction, and a $25 minimum deposit.
Create an Online Application: Click the Free & Reduced Applications button and follow the wizard to create your application. Again, you will need your student’s first name and ID number. You will receive notification regarding the determination of the application within 10 business days.
Disable Old PowerLunch Notifications:
Many of you may be receiving zero lunch balance warnings from the old PowerLunch system which do not accurately reflect your new lunch balance in MealTime. You will need adjust these notifications by logging into your PowerSchool parent portal account.
Go to PowerSchool Parent Portal and log into your parent portal. Click on EMAIL NOTIFICATION and uncheck the box next to Balance Alert.
You can apply this to ALL of your students at once by clicking the box next to APPLY THESE SETTINGS TO ALL OF YOUR STUDENTS. Click SUBMIT to apply the changes.
Food Service RFP and Accompanying Support Information
Please click on links below to open / view RFP and supporting documents in PDF format. If any questions or comments please address them via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in our school district food service operations.