Regular attendance is an essential part of your child’s learning process and it is key in their pursuit of a quality education. The state of Arizona requires that all students attend school 90 percent of the school year. A student that is absent more than ten percent (18 days) of the required number of school days per year is considered to have “excessive absences” whether the absence is excused or unexcused. Excessive absences are reported to the courts.
In the event of an absence, please:
- Call the office, (928)348-7020, as soon as possible (within 24-48 hours) to inform us of the absence.
- Doctor’s notes will not be accepted after 48 hours from the date of return.
Tardies/Early Check-Outs -
Students who continue to be tardy or are checked out early on a regular basis will be referred to the office and assigned the following consequences:
- 4 tardies =Detention will be assigned for every 4 tardies.
- 8 accumulated tardies = Students will not be eligible for perfect attendance.
- 12 accumulated tardies = Conference with student and parent, possible discipline referral.
- After 18 tardies, students will not be able to participate in end of year reward activities.