Pick-Up/Drop Off Procedures
In an effort to improve safety and make the student drop-off/pick-up more efficient, we have worked with the City of Safford to modify the flow of traffic to and from the school during the times of 7:30 – 8:20 a.m. and 1:45 – 2:30 p.m. attached is a link to the map that shows these modifications. Please review it so you can plan ahead to avoid frustration or confusion. We know that changes in routines are difficult, so we ask that you be patient and keep in mind that the purpose is to increase student-safety.
- No northbound traffic from 12th St. to 11th St.
- No westbound traffic from 9th Ave. to 10th Ave.
- No left-turn out of the school parking lot
- No left-turn from 10th Ave. to 12th St.
- See the attached map for clarification and to plan your route.
- Students should NOT be on campus before 7:50 a.m., and unless they are participating in a scheduled activity, they should be picked up no later than 2:20.
- Students should NEVER walk through the parking lot unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- In the mornings, students should enter the school through the south gate in front of the school – students/families are NEVER to enter through the cafeteria parking lot.
- Students who are dropped off using the car-rider line should wait to get out of the vehicle until they are in front of the school and between 1-3 cars from the gate. They should stay on the sidewalk (away from the road) until they enter the gate.
- Students may also be dropped off to use the crosswalk, in which case, they should ALWAYS obey the crossing guard’s instructions.
- Students may be picked up from the car-rider line; parents may choose to park and escort their students from the car-rider line, in which case they should follow the traffic-controller’s directions to cross over and pick their student up at the gate. Students may also use the crosswalk to walk home or to be picked up near the school, or students may use the back gate (Rose Ln.).