Improving Communication for Nurses and Parents
Safford Unified School District is excited to announce all schools are participating in CareDox.com, a new communication tool for our parents and nurses. With this new tool, nurses can notify parents when their children visit the nurse’s office, and parents can provide the nurse with accurate student medical information. All information is stored securely and is HIPAA and FERPA compliant.
To start this process, WE NEED YOUR HELP! You received an email directly from CareDox.com with a personalized link to complete your child’s record. Please make time to complete the request. If you did not receive an email link, you can log into your PowerSchool Parent Portal and click on the CareDox link in the left-side menu. Or, you can also go to CareDox.com and select “Log In” then “Haven’t Signed Up? Register Here.” If you don’t have computer access, you can sign up by visiting your child’s school office.
The benefits of CareDox.com include:
- Streamlined medical information sharing between parent and nurse.
- Real-time notifications when your child visits the nurse's office.
- Accurate and portable vital information for daily and emergency use.
- Fill out your child's health profile ONCE, and update any changes each year, ensuring it is always up-to-date.
- Notifications when your child’s medicines dispensed at school are low and need refills
- Peace of mind the school is fully aware of all of your child’s medical conditions.
Safford Unified School District's top priority is student safety and CareDox.com helps us ensure an efficient, streamlined means for coordinating the care of your child.