2020-2021 Kindergarten Registration
Due to the Covid-19 shelter in place directive for Arizona, we will be completing Kindergarten Registration online this year beginning MONDAY, APRIL 20TH, 2020. If you have a child who will be five years old on or before August 31st of 2020, please complete a Kindergarten Registration Application to enroll your student in Safford Schools. Parents who submit a Kindergarten Registration Application prior to April 30th will be given priority in school choice.
We are unable to collect required paperwork for your child so you will be asked to provide this paperwork closer to the opening of school in August. Required paperwork will include birth certificate, immunization records, proof of residency, etc. More information will be provided on which records you will need to provide and by what date in your welcome letter closer to August.
We are excited to welcome your child to kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year!
Providing Quality Education for ALL!
Welcome to Safford Schools!
We are happy to have you at Safford Schools! Below is information to help make a smooth transition for your child into a new school.
Organization for instruction at Safford Schools:
- Grades K-6 are at Dorothy Stinson School, Lafe Nelson School and Ruth Powell School.
- Grades 7-8 are at Safford Middle School.
- Grades 9-12 are at Safford High School and Mt. Graham High School.
Registration Information for Grades K-6
If you have a student new to the District in Grades K-6, please contact Lesley Huffenberger at the District Office at (928) 348-7025 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you may come to the District Office at 734 W. 11th Street between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to begin enrollment paperwork for the 2019-2020 school year. Students are placed at the school which has the fewest in that grade.
Please bring the following documents with you:
- Student's original birth certificate (not hospital copy)
- Student's immunization record
- Guardianship papers (if needed)
Additionally, proof of residency by the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must be provided in the form of one (1) of the following documents, which displays the parent or legal guardian’s full name and residential address or physical description of the property where the student resides (no P.O. boxes):
- Valid Arizona driver’s license or Arizona identification card
- Valid Arizona motor vehicle registration
- Valid Arizona Address Confidentiality Program authorization card
- Real estate deed or mortgage documents
- Property tax bill
- Residential lease or rental agreement
- Utility bill (water, electric, gas, cable, phone)
- Bank or credit card statement
- W-2 wage statement
- Payroll stub
- Certificate of tribal enrollment or other identification issued by a recognized Indian tribe in Arizona
- Documentation from a state, tribal, or federal government agency (Social Security Administration, Veteran's Administration, Arizona Department of Economic Security, etc.)
The secretaries at the school assign the teacher according to the fewest number of students in the class. The secretaries also provide parents with information regarding lunches, buses, etc. The school will provide a form for the parent to sign, requesting records from the previous District.
Registration Information for Grades 7-8
Students in Grades 7-8 will register for school at the Safford Middle School office at 612 11th Street. Please see the Safford Middle School web page for registration information.
Registration Information for Grades 9-12
New High School students, Grades 9-12, need to meet with the Assistant Principal and a counselor before enrolling at Safford High School. The principal at our alternative high school, Mt. Graham High School, meets with students prior to enrolling. Please see Safford High School and Mt. Graham High School web pages for registration information.