Welcome to the Ruth Powell School Homepage
Thank you for visiting our homepage. We will do our very best to keep you informed on the most current happenings at Ruth Powell School.
General Emergency Response Wording for Handbooks/Websites for Parents
Emergency Response Situations
The goal of this section is to give parents/guardians a general idea of the schools response in an emergency situation. We hope this gives our student guardians information that helps them know what would be going on at their child's school during an emergency response and what to expect when the response is over. Click here for information.
Our school will be going to the Festival of Trees on Wednesday, December 13th by grade level from 8:30 through 12:00.
Permission slips will be sent home the week before.
1st Grade & Bulldog Express Christmas Concert
Our 1st grade and Bulldog Express will be performing in a Christmas Concert on Tuesday, December 19th at the David M. Player Center For The Arts. There will be two shows, one at 12:45 for the school and one at 6:30 for family and friends. Due to CFA policy, the evening show will cost $3 per person for admission (students performing are free).
School will be let out on Friday, December 22nd at 12:35 and the office will close at 1:00. Please make sure to pick up your student(s) on time. There is NO SCHOOL from
December 25th - January 5th for
School will resume on
Monday, January 8th.
We wish everyone a wonderful, safe, and joyous Christmas and New Year!
Start & Dismissal Times
Start and Dismissal Time for 2022/2023
First bell will ring at 8:10
Tardy bell will ring at 8:15
The Cafeteria will be open at 7:45 for students to eat breakfast
Dismissal will be at 2:15 pm
Every Friday will be early release at 12:35 pm.
Lafe Nelson will begin at 8:10
Dorothy Stinson will begin at 8:00
All transportation changes need to be called in by 1:30pm for regular release days and 11:00am for early release days. This will insure your child gets the message.
Students are not allowed on campus before 7:45. There is no supervision before this time. If they arrive before 7:55, students will need to wait in the cafeteria.
All students and visitors should enter the school using the south gate to the playground when arriving before 8:10. Students are not allowed to come through the office before the gate closes at 8:15.
VISTIORS ON SCHOOL CAMPUS
All visitors will be stopped and screened before going back to the classrooms. All lunches, snacks, shoes, and other items will be left in the office for your student to pick up. This will avoid disruptions in the classroom during their teaching time. If you would like to make an appointment ahead of time, you could do so with the teacher.
Thank you for your support.
To receive text messages from the parent communication system, parents need to OPT IN by sending “Y” or “Yes” to 79041 or 87569.
To all our RPS families, and those who are new, we say Welcome! We are excited to start a new year here at Ruth Powell School!
Here are a few reminders for our parents.
- All students will enter the school through the south gate. Parents will be allowed to walk their students to their classrooms, but must sign in at the gate. The office will be open if you need to see the secretaries, but students will still need to enter through the south gate.
- In the event that your child's class plans a field trip, we must have a birth certificate, up to date immunizations, proof of residency and an enrollment form on file in order for your child to participate.
- We continue to ask that you walk your child from the parking lot to the side walk for safety reasons. As you drop off in the morning we ask that parents pull up to the flagpole in front of the school so students can walk along the sidewalk. Please DO NOT allow your child to exit your vehicle until you have reached the fence opening. Also, please know, students are NOT allowed to walk across the parking lot without an adult. We would also ask that if you are parking on the northside of 10th Street, that you also walk your child to and from the school sidewalk. Again, this is for the safety of all students and the flow of traffic.
- If your child will be absent, you must contact the school. If we do not receive parent contact within 48 hours, the absence will remain unexcused. To report an absence, please call our attendance line at 348-7030 and press #1.
- All transportation changes must be made by 1:00 Mon-Thurs, and 11:00 on Fridays. This will help ensure that your child gets the message.
- If you have a phone number or address change during the school year, please contact the school to update your new information.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this new school year!
Stay up to date on school information through our website, www.saffordusd.com!
Arizona Tax Credit Donations
Arizona tax law allows married couples filing jointly to take up to $400 in tax credit or $200 for singles if they donate to extracurricular activities. This tax credit is available to all taxpayers, even if they don’t have children in school. Contributions are donated directly to the school, not to the state or even to the district. Though contributions to public schools have always been tax deductible, a tax credit is subtracted from the amount of taxes you owe. A tax credit is a full refund of your money. You can choose what school/teacher or an extracurricular program you would like to go to. Teachers use this money to pay for class field trips.
POWERSCHOOL PARENT PORTAL
PowerSchool Parent Portal
Parents are encouraged to use the Powerschool Parent Portal to access your child's grades, lunch balances and attendance records. If you have any questions or would like directions on using this wonderful tool, please call the office at 928-348-7030 and we would be happy to help.