Welcome to the Ruth Powell School Homepage
Thank you for visiting our homepage. We will do our very best to keep you informed on the most current happenings at Ruth Powell School.
The Great Pumpkin Fun Run
Come join your child on Thursday, October 28th, for this walking, jogging event as RPS, LNS, and DSS 2nd grade celebrate the fall season. Moms, dads, brothers, sisters, and grandparents are welcome to attend! Don’t forget to wear tennis shoes!
Kindergarten & 2nd: 8:30 - 9:15
1st grade: 9:15 - 10:00:
5th - 6th grade: 10:00 - 10:45
3rd - 4th grade: 10:45 - 11:30
Beware of little ghosts and goblins wandering the halls of Ruth Powell School! Our Annual RPS Halloween parade will be held October 29th at 10:00 pm. Parents are welcome to attend. This is a whole school event. Please help us by making sure the theme of your child’s costume is not violent in nature. Students should not wear costumes to school. They are to bring their costumes to school and will be given the opportunity to change before the parade. It will be a “Spooktacular” event! Hope to see everyone there!
EARLY RELEASE FRIDAYS
Every Friday this school year will be early release days, students will be dismissed at 12:35 pm.
Please scroll down to see the "Parent Reminders" at the bottom of this page.
Start & Dismissal Times
Start and Dismissal Time for 2021/2022
First bell will ring at 8:10
Tardy bell will ring at 8:15
The Cafeteria will be open at 7:45 for students to eat breakfast
Dismissal will be at 2:15 pm
Every Friday will be early release at 12:35 pm.
Lafe Nelson will begin at 8:10
Dorothy Stinson will begin at 8:00
All transportation changes need to be called in by 1:00pm for regular release days and 11:00am for early release days. This will insure your child gets the message.
PowerSchool Parent Portal
Parents are encouraged to use the Powerschool Parent Portal to access your child's grades, lunch balances and attendance records. If you have any questions or would like directions on using this wonderful tool, please call the office at 928-348-7030 and we would be happy to help.
Ruth Powell Elementary School has achieved a letter grade "A" from the Department of Education. Grades are earned by each school based on their performance on the AZMERIT state mandated test that takes place in the Spring of each year. An "A" grade means a high number of students at Ruth Powell School in the proficient and highly proficient categories on the test.
Our teachers work hard each year to get the students to perform well on the test.
Congratulations to our students, out teachers, you parents, and our school for achieving an "A" letter grade.
To all our RPS families, and those who are new, we say Welcome! We are excited to start a new year here at Ruth Powell School!
Here are a few reminders for our parents.
- All students will enter the school through the south gate. Parents will be allowed to walk their students to their classrooms, but must sign in at the gate. The office will be open if you need to see the secretaries, but students will still need to enter through the south gate.
- In the event that your child's class plans a field trip, we must have a birth certificate, up to date immunizations, proof of residency and an enrollment form on file in order for your child to participate.
- We continue to ask that you walk your child from the parking lot to the side walk for safety reasons. As you drop off in the morning we ask that parents pull up to the flagpole in front of the school so students can walk along the sidewalk. Please DO NOT allow your child to exit your vehicle until you have reached the fence opening. Also, please know, students are NOT allowed to walk across the parking lot without an adult. We would also ask that if you are parking on the northside of 10th Street, that you also walk your child to and from the school sidewalk. Again, this is for the safety of all students and the flow of traffic.
- If your child will be absent, you must contact the school. If we do not receive parent contact within 48 hours, the absence will remain unexcused. To report an absence, please call our attendance line at 348-7030 and press #1.
- All transportation changes must be made by 1:00 Mon-Thurs, and 11:00 on Fridays. This will help ensure that your child gets the message.
- If you have a phone number or address change during the school year, please contact the school to update your new information.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this new school year!
Stay up to date on school information through our website, www.saffordusd.com!
Arizona Tax Credit Donations
Arizona tax law allows married couples filing jointly to take up to $400 in tax credit or $200 for singles if they donate to extracurricular activities. This tax credit is available to all taxpayers, even if they don’t have children in school. Contributions are donated directly to the school, not to the state or even to the district. Though contributions to public schools have always been tax deductible, a tax credit is subtracted from the amount of taxes you owe. A tax credit is a full refund of your money. You can choose what school/teacher or an extracurricular program you would like it to go to. Teachers use this money to pay for class field trip.