Title 1 Information
Title 1 Information
School-Wide Title I
The Safford Unified School District participates in a Schoolwide Title I program for Kindergarten through Eighth grade students. Activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), help students achieve academic success.
12 Tips for Helping Your Child Build "Grit"
Building grit can help your child succeed at school--and in life! Grit means not giving up. We all face challenges in life, but when a person has grit, he or she keeps trying, is determined to be successful and is able to find ways to succeed.
- Talk with your child regularly. Make it clear that grit is one of your family values.
- Share examples from your life. Discuss ways you overcame challenges and setbacks through determination and hard work.
- Point out examples from the past. Share stories with your child about other people who had grit. Read stories or watch movies about overcoming challenges.
- Look for examples in the present. Point out stories in the news about people who overcame challenges.
- Teach your child good habits. Talk about being responsible, accountable, and dependable.
- Teach your child self-control. Set limits and rules for your child. Help your child learn about willpower.
- Help your child set and work toward goals. Goals should be challenging but realistic. They should include short and long term goals.
- Teach your child how to deal with failure. Express confidence in your child's ability to learn from the situation and do better next time.
- Praise your child's efforts. Be sure to say how proud you are that your child gives his/her best efforts.
- Talk to your child about balance. Encourage your child to work hard toward his/her goals but be sure to include downtime, too.
- Provide opportunities for your child to build grit. Set expectations for your child, encourage participation in sports or after-school activities and hobbies.
- Support school efforts. Attend parent-teacher conferences, volunteer, set high academic goals.
*Channing Bete 2014 Edition
Title I CoordinatorAlison Villalobos
928-348-7000 ext. 7054
Title I Secretary:
928-348-7000 ext. 7052
Fax: 928-348-7001734 W 11th StreetHours: 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Safford, AZ 85546